Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Solomon M. Coles: The Frustrations And Struggles

   So...... Despite thinking that I would find a wealth of information on the significant Mr. Coles it turns out very little has been written about him. I have found a couple of short descriptions of him on several web pages but they are basic and sort of vague. One of the most helpful web pages mentioned that Mr. Coles wrote articles for some Texas papers so it would be great if I could get copies of his works and through them hear his voice, his thoughts, and his opinions. After all, I'll learn more from his own words than from anyone else's. I plan to investigate and search for these works at the public library.
    I have discovered that the Del Mar Library has a biography of him so I am eager to get my hands on it.
      I've also looked into his family and I found one short sentence as an answer to this search: he had two daughters who died soon after being born. I deduce that he has no living descendants but since I am not 100% surely positive about this deduction I will continue to look into his family.
  It's tough finding thorough and helpful information on Mr. Coles but I won't give up fellow History students!

Fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment