Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Ending Thoughts: Solomon M. Coles Corpus Christi History Project.

So.... this is the end. I'm not exactly sure how I should feel about it. I feel ...... deeper if that makes sense though I feel like my final result (weebly page) may not show it.
I feel like I learned a great deal about Corpus Christi and its Black community. Completing this project has made searching and interpreting local history not seem as hard as it did in the beginning. The fact that we have a local library here in Corpus Christi that actually offers all sorts of information on local history is insane and I never even thought we would, for some reason. I went into the library thinking there would be nothing on Solomon M. Coles and what he did for Corpus Christi but there was plenty of stuff. More than I though there would be! It shows that there are people who are passionate about keeping local history alive and accessible to everyone. This comforts me.

One last word on this topic:

Mr. Solomon M. Coles,
Thank you. Though I am not Black, I doubt that would have mattered to you. You meant to free and you did. You meant to educate and you did. You meant to inspire and you did. You freed me, you educated me, and you inspire me. Because of you, I feel responsible for creating opportunities for myself and others less fortunate.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment